Friday, October 22, 2010

Favorite Motifs

                                             The Town Square

In this painting, I've incorporated all sorts of favorite subjects:  the town square, statuary, figures, silhouettes, and gathering places.  There are "quiet" areas with not much going on to contrast the busier areas with lots of movement. 

Accumulating a body of work enables you to choose tried and true subjects that you have an affinity for. 

P.S.  I've just recently allowed myself to use Chinese white as an accent.  I would never use it to substitute for the untouched beauty of the white paper in larger areas, but the water in the fountain would have seemed a bit artificial if I had left it a pure white. 

2 comments:

  1. It’s always a pleasure
    to see such a Wonderful Work
    good creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments are not only welcomed, they are encouraging! Spread the word!

    ReplyDelete