Tuesday, April 9, 2013

An Award





I am pleased to announce that both of the paintings I submitted to the annual St. Louis Watercolor Society's show were accepted, and "Falling Down, Falling Down" won an award.  The juror/judge was nationally known artist/teacher/editor Christopher Schink.  I was also awarded Signature Member status in the St. Louis Watercolor Society. 

Entering shows and competition is a risk.  Our fragile artist egos can sometimes be bruised by rejection.  I can tell you that I've had plenty of "Not Accepted" notices.  So the trick is to remember that judging is a subjective activity, and that the decision of the judge might even be different on another day.  Keep submitting, but more important, keep painting and paying attention to your growth as a painter.  The work and the process is what is most important, not a momentary recognition of the results.

Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment