Sunday, June 8, 2014

Getting Back in the Groove



I think I'm finally settled back here in Boothbay, Maine.  So many set-up chores:  banking, grocery staples, buying  flowers and herbs and planting window boxes, and entertaining friends two days after my arrival.  Now it's quieted down, and I can once again get the easel out and do some plein air painting. 

This scene is at the end of my daily walk here on Hiawatha Trail.  I can think of several things I'd like to do over in this piece.  I felt it got a little busier than I had imagined it in my head.  That is a problem with painting on location.  You see so many details and textures that seem important at the moment.  But I need to recognize where the big shapes are first, and worry about details and texture the last five minutes of the painting process. 

At any rate, I've got the first one out of the way and am already looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment