Thursday, September 25, 2014

Bridge Over Troubled Waters



One of the reasons I paint is so that I can say to my viewers, Look what I saw today!  Knowing what you like to look at is a good indicator of what you should be painting. 

I love to look at bridges.   I know it's nostalgic to paint covered bridges, but I like all kinds of bridges, and I like to look at them from different angles.  I especially like the lacy quality of some bridges against the sky.

Here's the bridge over the Kennebec River in Bath, Maine.  I painted this from a riverside park just before I went to the State Farm office in Brunswick to collect the insurance check on my poor totaled car.  It certainly cheered me to be back painting after a troubled week and a half of dealing with the accident.

Know what you like to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment