Thursday, July 30, 2015

Painting In A Series

 
 
My summer cottage is at the end of a long cove.  There is a working dock across the way, and some of the debris from the fisherman's gear has washed up on the bank across the road.  An old rowboat has been washed over for a couple of years.  The remnants of a collapsed dock has also been rearranged by the rising and falling tides.  Old pine trees hang over the cove, casting their shadows and dropping the occasional branch on the mud flat. An old bucket is half submerged in the mud.  This may look like trash to some, but to me, it is part of the charm of Maine.

I took the various elements and placed them where I thought they would enhance a composition.  Here are the first two value studies in a series I'll call "Flotsam and Jetsam".  Paintings to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment