Thursday, December 1, 2016

Overlapping



In this painting of Nubble Lighthouse in Maine,  I used the foreground rocks to create a sense of distance.  By overlapping the lighter, warmer island with a dark, cooler foreground, the island is pushed back and the sense of sunlight is enhanced.  Once again the power of darks is employed to showcase the focal point.

A personal note:  I may have time to paint and post one more painting before next Friday when I will undergo open heart surgery.  Please don't give up on me.  While recuperating, I may resort to commenting on some older paintings. 

Meanwhile, have a merry, joyful, and  grateful Christmas and holiday season.  Keep painting!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the surgery! I've been a quiet reader of your blogs, enjoying them tremendously and learning from you. I wish you well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Annemiek, I'll miss writing for a while, but stay tuned. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete