Saturday, November 23, 2019

Starting with Photos



A friend in Maine takes a daily walk and posts photos of her surroundings.  In her photo of a marsh, there were only two lone pine trees.  Also there was no mountain range behind the trees.  I also needed something added to give a little life to the scene.  I considered a canoe or rowboat, but decided that would bring attention to the water.  I wanted the viewer to look at the pine trees.  I added one more tree for balance and then decided that some hawks would add some interest to the trees.

A very simple scene.  Study the background trees for changes in value and color.  Also avoid a treeline that becomes a rectangle. Give it a little oblique feel.  Study the water to see how a gradation of values leads to the highlighted area near the trees.

My tree series continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment