Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Inspiration


I still remember the first time I saw an exhibition of John Singer Sargent's paintings in London.  I had stopped painting for several years, but his work inspired me to pick up my brushes again, and I haven't put them down for 38 years.  I was especially drawn to the paintings he did of architectural features, statues and fountains.  Ever since, I, too, have been attracted to these subjects and love painting them.

Finding an artist whose work you admire can be inspirational.  Is there an artist that you admire?  Leave me a comment to show your appreciation.

This memorial is in front of the Episcopal Church in Apalachicola.  It is dedicated to Dr. John Gorrie who invented an ice making machine with a fan to blow cool air over his patients with Yellow fever.  Thus, he created the forerunner of the air conditioner, thus making him the patron saint of Floridians!

No comments:

Post a Comment