Friday, November 1, 2013

Inspiration


Travelling home from Maine this year, I stopped off in Chadd's Ford, Pennsylvania.  The Wyeth family hails from there, and I wanted to pay a visit to the Brandywine River Museum to see the paintings inspired by their other hometown. (I've been to Cushing, Maine and the Olson house as well.)  It did not disappoint.  In fact, it was quite inspiring.  The museum also offers tours by van buses to both Andrew's house/ studio and to the Kuerner farm where he painted the house and its environs. 

I came away inspired and newly appreciative.  Andrew's work is nearly monochromatic; mine is not. Still I couldn't help wanting to paint one of his favorite subjects in my own way. 

The foreground shadows help spotlight the old farmhouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment