Sunday, January 17, 2016

Landmarks



Here I am, in Apalachicola, Florida.  Last night we had a terrific storm; lightning, high winds and downpours.  The sun came out this morning, but the wind persisted, so I was once again forced to paint in my room here at Sportsmans Lodge. 

I looked through my photos of this fall and found one of a famous bakery/restaurant on the Hill, the Italian section of St. Louis.  Amighetti's is a well known landmark destination in a section of town where Yogi Berra was born, as well as Joe Garagiola.   The green awning and the building across the street with its cupola appealed to me, so I decided to paint that famous corner.

Take your camera with you to your favorite section of your hometown, and photograph the buildings there with an eye for the composition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment