Monday, August 19, 2019

A Second Painting






I used to be able to paint two paintings in one day easily, but, alas, I'm slowing down these days.
However, not wanting to waste the day, I painted two paintings at the Artists on the Lawn event at my friend Jan Kilburn's annual event on Saturday. There was a tractor across the road, and since Jan and her neighbor are building a new chicken coop on their adjoining properties, I decided it would be appropriate to throw in some chickens to the scene.

Today I decided to switch to my flat brushes again and the style that I loved last summer.  Two versions of the same subject:  one traditional, and the next, a little more colorful and free style.

Try to re-invent a scene with a different technique.  More colorful and looser.

No comments:

Post a Comment