Saturday, January 23, 2010

Re-Interpreting an Old Subject


First of all, let me say I apologize for not posting for a while. I haven't gotten a signal here at the lodge for a few days. I hope the problem is solved.


Here's another version of the same subject I spoke of last time. This time it is color rather than overlapping that was my focus. Painting a gray building is a challenge that can sometimes be overcome by splashing on the color. In this version I let the oil tank's color define it as a focal point.


Imaginary color is a device that lends needed interest and drama to an otherwise low key subject.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol and happy birthday.
    I like this version better than the first. I really like how the white barrel glows. It does make it more of a focal point but you don't lose all the beautiful grays in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rosie!
    I had a happy birthday and sold two paintings, one of which was the demo I did for Art World in November. I finally got some painting done on Friday and will post them soon. Thanks always for your feedback. It helps to know I have steady readers.

    ReplyDelete