Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Very Special Friend


Pardon this very personal entry. I'm sitting in a hotel room in Fernandina Beach, Florida, having come here for three days to visit my friend and fellow watercolorist Judi Wagner. Judi is a nationally known watercolor instructor who has lived in Maine during the summertime as long as I have. One of Judi's students has flown in from New Hampshire to join me in this visit. Judi has a serious diagnosis, so we've come to see her and let her know how much she has meant to us over the years. To anyone out there who knows Judi's work or has been her student, I want to tell you that Judi is facing her fate with humor and courage. We have had some good laughs during the last couple of days. But today's goodbye visit will be very difficult for all of us.

We love you, Judi.

No comments:

Post a Comment