Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Opening


After months of painting, experimenting, culling, matting and framing, there finally comes The Night.  Two hours of greeting people who will decide whether all of your effort has been worth the trouble.  Red dots are nice, but every bit as important to me is the reaction to the work.  What will they pick out as pleasing?  I always hope the comments are not just about the subject matter because the painting has been about much more than that.  Will they notice the things that were important to me as I painted?  Color, texture, design, shapes.  Some will, because many of my fellow artists will come to support and encourage.  They know, because they are in the struggle.

So as I anticipate my two hours in the spotlight, it gives me a chance to catch my breath before the next round of painting begins....tomorrow. Always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment